Are you feeling challenged with backtalk, not following through, not listening, or other misbehaviors? Maybe you want a few more parenting tools in your toolbox that you can feel good about and know that you are helping your child along the way. Positive Discipline teaches long term parenting skills that will encourage children to think for themselves, become more responsible and have a greater respect for themselves and others.
In this class, convieniently spread out over four sessions, parents, teachers and caregivers will learn long term solutions for raising kids to feel “I am capable, I can contribute, and I can use my personal power in useful ways to improve my life and the lives of others.” You will feel supported while learning some non-punitive, respectful methods that will incorporate kindness and firmness into your relationship with your child and will get to the core of your child’s misbehavior.
Specifically, you will learn/gain:
- How to be a Kind and Firm parent and why you should
- The latest in Brain science and why it is important to parenting
- The importance of emotional regulation when raising children
- How to “recover” and reconnect with your child after a mistake or problem
- How to empower yourself and your child towards responsibklity, respect and capability
- How to hold effective family meetings
- More about yourself and what you might invite in when you are stressed and what this really means for parenting
- Many tools to invite in cooperation.
- A deeper understanding of why your child misbehaves and what you can do about it.
- Parents helping parents problem solving with real world examples and solutions
- And much, much more through discussion and experiential learning.
This class is appropriate for parents of children of all ages.
Cost: $99 per person . Optional with your registration: The book, Positive Discipline, the Positive Discipline Workbook, AND a set of Positive Discipline Parenting toolcards . Please indicate if you’d like these optional materials and you can pay for them at the first session.
Location: Foothills Recreation Department, Littleton, CO